06 May 2014

39 Weeks

"The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33:4



A 39 weeks post….why not?

I know these recent updates might be a little much for some of you just wanting the big highlights, but I'm liking having a way to document our days before baby. There is something so special in knowing it's just the two of you for only such a short time. We're trying to make the most of it!

Eli is about the size of a mini-watermelon. He is probably somewhere around 7 pounds. 

This past weekend was another great one. We went on a few shorter walks. One was at Cottonwood Park, just a small park on post right down the street from our house. Hubs was off work a little early again on Friday, so we walked the sidewalks and a small trail down by the river. Jessie and Andrew went exploring along the bank where there is still some thin snow and mud. Jessie totally fell in a puddle through thin ice at one point- it was only a little one up to her chest- but I think it was a little chilly ha! She got to sprint and fetch sticks to warm up after, which was alright with her for sure. She LOVES these family hikes and gets so excited when she sees our boots coming out of the closet!

That was date night. We went to see Heaven is for Real. Hubs was the one who suggested it; I thought it was going to be way too cheesy. It was a little, but it was definitely a much better movie than I expected. I would definitely recommend it. I would also recommend the tree hugger pizza at FireTap that we enjoyed afterwards.

Sunday, we went to the gym for a workout, but after lunch, we went on another walk because it was just too pretty outside to stay in. Hubs had put us in a lottery for a plot in a community garden about two blocks from our house. It doesn't open til May 15th. We can't wait to get a wagon and plant some veggies soon! Right across the street is a small open field and privacy hill where Hubs had Jessie do her wind sprints. She slept almost the whole rest of the day.

That night we felt our first earthquake. Alaska has them often, mostly in places outside of Anchorage. The effects are felt here, but we hadn't noticed any of them until then. A handful of earthquakes happened when I lived in Los Angeles, but I never really felt any of those either. This one registered at 4.9 only 40 miles away, so we had a good rumble. We could hear it, and it shook our stuff a little. Pretty crazy!

Yesterday, I made a big time commissary run (military talk for grocery). I felt like it was a good time to stock up in case Eli decides it's time to join us. I've been buying more house supplies for a few weeks now, but this time I bought quite a bit more food for freezer meals and fast, easy dinners. 

I'm still feeling great besides the normal, minor aches. The baby dome has definitely dropped, even though it's hard to tell in pictures. My waddle is in full force. I'm eating pineapple (I've eaten four in the past week or so. Yes, four entire pineapple), taking Evening Primrose Oil, drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, taking long walks, sitting on the exercise ball, doing workouts and stretches to help maintain the muscles used in L&D and recovery, and, most importantly, I'm resting as much as I can. They did check me at the last doctor's appointment a week ago, and I was 50% effaced and 2 cm dilated. Before you get too excited, know that it's totally normal to progress that way and stay there for two to three weeks. It just means we are right on schedule. There are no other signs of labor, but my body is getting ready for it, and I'm glad to know things are moving in the right direction! I'm doing most everything to stay relaxed and calm to work with the natural process, so if you have bad news or a negative attitude, call someone else or wait a few weeks! 

Hubs has already filled out the paperwork for his 10-day paternity leave that will start when Eli gets here. His boss has been amazing and accommodating already in getting Hubs ready at work to take the time off. Hubs even cleaned the car again and vacuumed the whole house to get ready! 

This week, I'm doing some light cleaning, but mostly reading and relaxing. Hubs has a day trip for work on Wednesday. I have my weekly doctor appointment on Thursday. Then, we get to enjoy a four-day weekend! I'm so excited he has Friday and Monday off. Then Tuesday is Eli's due date. I can't believe he will be here anytime. And I really can't think of anything else that we need to get done before he comes. We are ready when you are, little man!

So, sometimes, I just go in the man cave (aka Eli's nursery) to look around or move a few things here and there, but really just to soak it all in-- that there is going to be a tiny person living in there. Well, I walked in a few days ago to discover that, apparently, I'm not the only one. Eli's bear got a new accessory, I see. Eli is so blessed to have such a proud Pop. Nothing is cuter than a husband waiting so excitedly for his son! (Except maybe him watching him wait on his little girl, but I don't know anything about all that yet. Maybe next time!)

Please continue praying with us. God is still preparing the three of us for each other. 

We can't wait to participate with Him in the process of bringing Eli into this world!


No comments:

Post a Comment