01 April 2014

Week 34

“Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.” Ephesians 3:17-19



How far along?
34 weeks. 42 days til due date!

Baby size?

Eli is about the size of a cantaloupe. 
Around 4.75 lbs and 18 inches.

Weight gain?

Total of 24 lbs.

Sleep?

Sleeping is uncomfortable and I wake up often. I long for it and dread it at the same time.

Cravings?

- Fruit, cinnamon bread, juice. I had a Noni Berry Snapple over a week ago, and I'm in love. But now I cannot find it anywhere! Haagen-Daas Raspberry Sorbet is delish. Also, I've been needing a waffle.

Aversions?
None

Symptoms?
- I have what is called a "linea negra". It is translated "dark line" and literally is one that runs from my belly button down the baby bump. I noticed this shadowy stripe weeks ago. I haven't posted it here because I've either been (1) in denial, (2) hoping I was just seeing things, (3) naively- although sincerely- wishing it might simply go away, or (4) all of the above. So now we all know and can just move on.
- Major backaches, achey joints, short of breath all the time.

Mood?

My mood has still been a little shaky, but mostly good. Been kinda sensitive to those "wow, you're huge, your baby is probably huge, were you due yesterday?" type of comments that have started to roll in. We still have 6 weeks til due date, people. And, I for one, think I'm carrying this baby boy pretty darn nicely for a curvy, short-torso, thirty-year-old, dessert-lover, thankyouverymuch.

Looking forward to?
- This being our last month with little man on the inside!

What's new?
- Part two of the childbirth class was excellent. Great info and they took us on a tour of labor & delivery.
- We had our 34-week appt today with an MD to make a plan for delivery. I've been meeting with nurse practitioners and mid-wives, and they can't make the call about the fibroids, so they scheduled me with a doctor to go over my chart. As of now, they do not think I will need a c-section but have referred me off-post for a more thorough growth scan in two weeks for reference. Then I will meet with a second doctor to review and confirm.

Prayer Requests?
- Please pray for Hubs' work schedule to coordinate with baby schedule and for our family's schedules over these months as they try to work out times to visit and meet Eli.
- Please pray for discernment for us and the doctors as we make decisions about delivery. Also, for nerves to calm and that peace settles in as we prepare for Eli's arrival!


No comments:

Post a Comment