15 June 2014

Father's Day

"There is one God and Father of everything. He rules everything and is everywhere and is in everything." Ephesians 4:6


I think I kinda always knew I wanted to be a mom. But I realized I never really wanted to until I wanted to with Hubs. I married him knowing I would be beyond proud and at complete peace knowing that he would be my children's dad. There is no one else I'd rather have this most incredible, important adventure with. He is already the most amazing dad, and I'm so in love with how he loves us. I can't tell you how honored I feel that I get to give him his son and share his first Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day, Hubs!


This is my favorite Father's Day. I respect few people more than my dad, and I've never loved a man more than my husband-- especially seeing him become a dad himself. But no matter how fantastic or flawed or far away a dad is, we all have one Father who brought us into this world on purpose, who cares for us so intimately, and who will never, ever leave us. He is the Father to us all; the Father to the Fatherless. It is no accident that Andrew is Eli's dad. God chose him specifically for the job. Eli is a blessed little buddy to have a dad that is involved and interested in him- a dad that is looking forward to the future with him. But Eli has one Father, like us all, that has entrusted him to us. Today, I am super grateful for Hubs, but I rejoice in the Father we share-- the perfect, everlasting, faithful Father. The One who has not left us orphaned, but made a way for us to be with Him forever. We received God's Spirit when He adopted us as His own children. Now we call him "Abba, Father" (Romans 8:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment